Saturday, January 15, 2011

You Changed My Life

The book "You Changed My Life" by Max Lucado is a great little gift book. The subtitle, "Stories of Real People with Remarkable Hearts" is a perfect description. The 188-page book is full of heartwarming and inspiring stories of real people in real life. Many of the stories are repeats that he has used in earlier books, but I think this would be a perfect gift for someone who needs little vignettes to use in speeches or sermons.

I also liked the way the book was broken down into categories such as, Love, Kindness, Commitment, Compassion, Hope, Courage, Wisdom and Friendship. This makes it easy to find a perfect story to go with a speech.

The title implies that it would be a good gift to give to someone who “changed your life,” but I think there are better gift books out there for that purpose.

However, I plan on giving copies to our local youth ministers as there are many stories in the book that would be useful for our youth to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment