Thursday, November 5, 2009

Jack Daniel's Spirit of Tennessee Cookbook


I wasn't sure at first glance how to review a cookbook. I mean, you can read the recipes and think, "Oh that sounds good." But shouldn't you make everything in it before you can feel good about giving that thumbs up?

However, I was quickly fascinated with the book itself. This cookbook gives a Tennessee history lesson within the pages. With pages dedicated to subjects such as "Southern Hospitality", "Tennessee Hills" and "Tennessee Walking Horses" you can learn a great deal while baking a Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie to finish off a meal of Turkey and Cornbread Dressing.

Also, I like the section on various drinks. There's a lot you can do with a little Jack Daniels, and I'm excited to try.

As a homeschooling mom of a kid who is passionate about cooking, I love this cookbook. He can learn some Tennessee history while he makes my dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment